As I mentioned yesterday, the 20s are weird, because so much happens. It's such a time of transition and paves the way for adulthood. Being a "grown up".
My 20s definitely had it's down moments. But there's no point in focusing on those, because although there were problems and obstacles, as my husband says, a problem isn't a problem once you learn from it, it's a lesson. So with those lessons tucked away into my memory for safe keeping and passing on, here are my top 10 favorite moments from my 20s.
10. Graduating with my Bachelors and Masters. Although I didn't study my passions, and would probably completely change majors if I was to do it all over again, at least I have these under my belt.
9. Starting my blog. It's been nice to find a hobby and a place to be able to write. If anything it will serve as a reflection for myself and my son to look back on.
8. Honeymooning in Belize. Little did we know this was going to be our last vacation just the two of us, and we had such fun time scuba diving, visiting Mayan ruins and just spending time together without having to worry about anything else!
7. Being able to attend OU football games with my husband, and all the happy memories it's created and will create. As I mentioned in a post awhile back, it's more than just a football game, it's a seasonal experience that has been passed down from one generation to the next, and we are now sharing those experiences with our family.
6. Taking a girls getaway to Seaside, Florida with my lifelong bestie. It's the most beautiful beach I've ever been to and we had such a fun and relaxing time!
5. Learning how to snowboard and visiting Colorado. This has created many fun memories for me and my now-husband, and Colorado is my happy place. I'm looking forward to many more vacations there.
4. Being proposed to. It was a very unexpected surprise, the night I returned home from #6!
3. Running a marathon. Something that was on my life bucket list but that I never thought I would do, it was a defining moment for me, and one I will never forget.
2. Having my sweet baby boy, and embarking on all the new adventures of motherhood.
1. Meeting and marrying my husband. The internet can bring soul mates together people. And without him, I wouldn't have #2. :)
Certainly there were little things along the way that were happy and memorable, but these stick out to me the most. The majority of these things happened in the latter part of my 20s, which could mean it was just an overall better time, or I'm suffering from memory loss already. But when I look back, these are definitely the things I will cherish the most!